Access Center Update
The Temporary Access Center on Sacramento Street has been open for almost 2 months and we are seeing great success already. Inner City Action, the operator for the temporary facility in collaboration with The Salvation Army, offers daily services such as 3 meals a day, laundry, mobile showers, scheduled haircuts, clean restrooms, phone charging stations, a clothing closet, and more. The Temporary Access Center has 49 beds available for individuals currently experiencing homelessness in Lodi. It provides a consistent place where social service providers are able to meet with those utilizing the facility and provide the services they need to progress in their lives.
Within the first 40 days, the Temporary Access Center has helped:
- Transitioned 2 people to services
- Transitioned 10 people to Salvation Army
- United 3 people with family members
- Assisted 3 people who gained employment
- Connected 13 people with Behavioral Health assistance