Know Before You Pave:
- 50% Max Paving - No more than 50% of the visible front and street side yard area may be paved with hardscape materials such as concrete, asphalt, pavers, etc.
- % Landscaping - Remaining front and street side yards must be landscaped with grass, annuals, perennials, groundcover, shrubs, trees, and any design elements such as planters, rocks, mulch or similar. Living vegetation must cover at least 75% of the landscaped yard areas
- Site Coverage - residential front yards are regulated by Lodi Municipal Code Section 17.30.050
- Community Improvement - Violations of the code can lead to citation and removal of pavement
- When it rains, it drains - paved yards do not allow rainwater to soak into the soil, which can lead to street flooding
Questions? Contact Community Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
View the Municode here.
Call before you pave: 209-333-6711 (Lodi Planning Division)