Clean Parks, Safe Kids Initiative
As stewards of Lodi’s 334-acre park system, we take our responsibility to the community and to future generations seriously. Ensuring safe and clean parks today is equally our top priority. This initiative is the foundation that supports our ongoing commitment to providing consistently clean and safe parks daily:
- Reallocating maintenance staff for thorough cleaning and repairs;
- Weekly safety inspections of park properties and amenities;
- Coordinating with other city departments and community partners;
- Increased enforcement of parks rules and ordinances;
- Installation of security cameras.
All residents should be able to enjoy a local park every day. Our department’s role and mission is to serve the community to this end by. Removing all barriers that impact everyone’s ability to play, exercise, read, relax, laugh and gather with family and friends.
Should you see an area within a park that needs our attention, please call 368-1012 or email email@example.com
Get involved! Get out and Play! 3 Easy Ways!
We believe public parks enrich our lives and strengthen our community. These three programs are designed to engage residents, businesses and corporations in the revitalization of our treasured Park System through volunteer activities. This community-based support will help ensure a truly vibrant, viable system of parks and open spaces that are the backdrop to quality recreational experiences for everyone.
- Lodi Parks People:Become a community member willing to assist with litter clean up and weeding in your neighborhood park. You’ll be provided with safety training and equipment – a 5-gallon bucket, trash grabber, latex gloves and trash bags. Training, orientation, and support on how to deal with problem areas will be provided, along with seven-days-a-week contact with park maintenance staff. For more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adopt-a-Park:Designed for individuals, groups and organizations willing to make a higher-level, long-term commitment to their favorite neighborhood park. Beyond picking up litter and pulling weeds, this program entails removing graffiti, sweeping courts and pathways, raking, reporting a park hazard, painting projects, and reporting monthly hours. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- Go out and Play Lodi! Help bring our parks to life by making them busy, vibrant places by going out to play every day. How many wonderful childhood memories are made in parks with family and friends? We are all aware of the health and wellness benefits of spending time outdoors. By activating our parks, we stand together in promoting positive social and environmental experiences, as well as a quality of life for everyone.