LODI -- The City of Lodi is continuing to provide services to the public, even though offices are closed to the public due to guidance from health officials to avoid the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Most offices are closed through until further notice, including the Lodi Public Library and Hutchins Street Square. Information is available at www.lodi.gov. Detailed information is available at department websites, and a full staff directory is available at www.lodi.gov/Directory.aspx
Despite the closures at most facilities, City staff will be working normal business hours, which are 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on alternating Fridays (open April 3, 17).
- Police Department: Access to the lobby is restricted until further notice. If you are in need of police services while outside the building, use the intercom located to the right of the lobby entrance doors to speak with a dispatcher. Call Record at 333-6731 for instructions on receiving a copy of a police report. To obtain property, call 209-333-6800, ext. 2513, to make an appointment. In an emergency, dial 911.
- Lodi Animal Shelter: The Animal Services Division is available at 209-333-6741.
- Lodi Electric Utility: The public counter at 1331 S. Ham Lane is closed. Customers with account questions should call the Finance Division at 209-333-6717. Vendors with questions about providing supplies and services to Lodi Electric Utility should call 209-333-6762. More information about the utility is available at www.lodielectric.com.
- Utility payments: Payments may be made through the link at http://www.lodi.gov/196/Finance, or over the phone by calling 844-778-1882. A self-service payment kiosk is located outside of 310 W. Elm Street, although customers should use health precautions when using frequently touched surfaces. Phone: 209-333-6717 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fire Department: The public counter at 210 W. Elm Street is closed. For fire prevention, including Fire Marshal and inspection services, call 209-333-6739 or email email@example.com.
- City Manager, City Clerk and City Attorney: Counters are closed. The City Clerk’s office is available at 209-333-6702 and firstname.lastname@example.org, the City Manager’s office at 209-333-6700 and email@example.com, and City Attorney’s office at 209-333-6701 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Human Resources: Public counters are closed. Information is available at 209-333-6704 and email@example.com.
- Public Works: Public counters are closed. For information, phone 209-333-6706 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Building and Planning divisions: Public counters are closed. Information is available at 209-333-6711 and at email@example.com.
- Lodi Public Library: Online and phone services are available. Information is available at 209-333-5566 or 209-333-5503 (reference desk).
- Hutchins Street Square: Closed except for the Wednesday weekly blood drive by the American Red Cross; all programming/events suspended and facility rentals canceled during this time. Camp Hutchins and Adult Day Care programs are subject to guidance from Adventist Health Lodi Memorial Hospital. Information is available at 209-333-6782, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services: Counter service is closed, and all youth and adult programs are canceled or postponed through May 10; this includes picnic shelter and park/facility rentals. Parks and park restrooms remain open, but visitors are discouraged from using restrooms due to their shared nature. PRCS asks that visitors refrain from using playground equipment until further notice. Information is available at 209-333-6742 or email@example.com.
- Lodi GrapeLine transit service: Operations including ADA VineLine/Dial-A-Ride have been reduced to 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily until further notice. Additionally, all Express Routes will be suspended. The Transit Center lobby is closed to the public. Information is available at 209-333-6806 or 209-333-6706.
- Lodi City Council: First and third Wednesday regular meetings at the Carnegie Forum will continue as scheduled. Tuesday morning “shirtsleeve” sessions are suspended until further notice. Council meetings may be viewed online at http://www.lodi.gov/901/Council-Meeting-Archive.
- Boards and Commissions: All board and commission meetings, with the exception of the Lodi City Council, are canceled until further notice.