LODI -- The City of Lodi is continuing to provide services to the public, even though offices are closed to the public due to guidance from health officials to avoid the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Most offices are closed through at least March 31, while the Lodi Public Library and Hutchins Street Square are closed through May 10. The City will evaluate the need to extend the office closures. Information is available at www.lodi.gov. Detailed information is available at department websites, and a full staff directory is available at www.lodi.gov/Directory.aspx
Despite the closures at most facilities, City staff will be working normal business hours, which are 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on alternating Fridays (open March 20).
- Police Department: The lobby will remain open and in-person customer service is available during normal hours, which are 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and alternating Fridays. The Police Partners program, however, is suspended in response to the pandemic. Information is available at 209-333-6727. In an emergency, dial 911.
- Lodi Animal Shelter: The shelter is closed to the public through at least May 10. The Animal Services Division is available at 209-333-6741.
- Lodi Electric Utility: The public counter at 1331 S. Ham Lane is closed at least through March 31. Customers with account questions should call the Finance Division at 209-333-6717. Vendors with questions about providing supplies and services to Lodi Electric Utility should call 209-333-6762. More information about the utility is available at www.lodielectric.com.
- Utility billing: Payments may be made through the link at http://www.lodi.gov/196/Finance, or over the phone by calling 844-778-1882. The self-service payment kiosks located outside and inside the lobby of 310 W. Elm Street will be out of service as proper sanitation cannot be ensured. Phone: 209-333-6717 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fire Department: The public counter at 210 W. Elm Street is closed at least through March 31. For fire prevention, including Fire Marshal and inspection services, call 209-333-6739 or email email@example.com.
- City Manager, City Clerk and City Attorney: Counters are closed to the public through at least March 31. The City Clerk’s office is available at 209-333-6702 and firstname.lastname@example.org, the City Manager’s office at 209-333-6700 and email@example.com, and City Attorney’s office at 209-333-6701 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Human Resources: Public counters are closed at least through March 31. Information is available at 209-333-6704 and email@example.com.
- Public Works: Public counters are closed at least through March 31. For information, phone 209-333-6706 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Building and Planning divisions: Public counters are closed at least through March 31. Information is available at 209-333-6711 and at email@example.com. In an effort to maintain our services to the public, during this time of limiting access, we have constructed a plan that continues informational sharing. Permit processes for both departments are as outlined below, describing those temporary measures put in place to move your efforts forward while maintaining our concerns for your health and safety.
Projects in: For an invitation to submit, or processing help, call 209-333-6711. We will accept submissions electronically, but no permits will be issued until permit forms are signed in-person. We will make an appointment for you and let you know where to meet. Call 209-333-6711. Appointments will be scheduled in 15-minute intervals between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., closed between noon and 1 p.m.
Projects out: For submittals returns for corrections, applicants will be called or emailed to schedule a pickup appointment. For submittals ready to issue, applicants will be called/emailed to coordinate payment and schedule a pickup appointment. There will be no lengthy plan reviews during pick-up appointments to protect public health.
- Lodi Public Library: Closed at least through May 10. Online and phone services are available. Information is available at 209-333-5566 or 209-333-5503 (reference desk).
- Hutchins Street Square: Closed through at least May 10, except for the Wednesday weekly blood drive by the American Red Cross; all programming/events suspended and facility rentals canceled during this time. Camp Hutchins and Adult Day Care programs are subject to guidance from Adventist Health Lodi Memorial Hospital. Information is available at 209-333-6782, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services: Counter service is closed through at least March 31, and all youth and adult programs are canceled or postponed through May 10; this includes picnic shelter and park/facility rentals. Parks and park restrooms remain open, but visitors are discouraged from using restrooms due to their shared nature. PRCS asks that visitors refrain from using playground equipment until further notice. Information is available at 209-333-6742 or email@example.com.
- Lodi GrapeLine transit service: Beginning Thursday, March 19, operations including ADA VineLine/Dial-A-Ride will be reduced to 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily until further notice. Additionally, all Express Routes will be suspended. The Transit Center lobby is closed to the public through at least March 31. Information is available at 209-333-6806 or 209-333-6706.
- Lodi City Council: First and third Wednesday regular meetings at the Carnegie Forum will continue as scheduled. Tuesday morning “shirtsleeve” sessions are suspended after March 17 until further notice. Council meetings may be viewed online at http://www.lodi.gov/901/Council-Meeting-Archive.
- Boards and Commissions: All board and commission meetings, with the exception of the Lodi City Council, are canceled until further notice.