LODI — Beginning Thursday, March 19, City of Lodi GrapeLine transit operations, including ADA VineLine/Dial-A-Ride, will be limited to 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., daily until further notice. The service reduction is intended to reduce the risk of exposure to the coronavirus (COVID-19), while recognizing the needs of those in our community who rely on public transportation.
The safety and well-being of passengers, employees and the general public remain a top priority of the City of Lodi, which has begun other measures related to COVID-19. These include:
- Closing the Lodi Transit Station lobby (24 S. Sacramento Street) to the public until further notice.
- Sanitizing frequently touched surfaces within buses three times a day: before service, midday, and after service.
- Equipping bus operators and customer service representatives with hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes/spray, and disposable gloves.
- Training bus operators and customer service representatives in proper precautionary safety and hygiene practices, per Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations
- These additional steps, however, do not ensure buses are free from any infectious disease. Passengers are cautioned to continue using hygiene measures recommended by health experts (www.cdc.gov/coronavirus).
Additionally, all Express Routes are suspended.
The City will continue monitoring the recommendation of health officials to determine service levels. For the time being, the City of Lodi is recommending that travel on public transit be for essential purposes only. Essential travel reasons may include:
- Travelling to and from essential business work (i.e. medical workers, pharmacy/grocery workers, etc.)
- Obtaining services or supplies for themselves or their family/household
- Engaging in activities essential to the health/safety of themselves or their family/household (i.e. doctor appointments)
- Caring for elderly, minors, dependents, or other vulnerable persons
- Appearing to mandatory law enforcement or court orders
If you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, avoid public areas, including riding public transit. Call your primary health provider and inform them of your symptoms.
For more information and facts on coronavirus, please visit http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus and http://www.sjcphs.org/#hl1236.