You may register to vote if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a United States citizen.
- You are a resident of California.
- You are at least 18 years of age (or will be by the date of the next election).
- You are not in prison or on parole for conviction of a felony.
- You have not been judged by a court to be mentally incompetent.
You will need to re-register to vote when:
- You change your name
- You change your political party affiliation
- You move
Obtaining Registration Forms
You can obtain voter registrations from the following:
Forms are also available in local libraries, post offices, and Department of Motor Vehicles facilities.
For additional assistance with voter registration, please contact the Secretary of State's office at any of the following toll-free numbers:
- For Chinese, please call: 800-339-2857
- For English, please call: 800-345-VOTE (8683)
- For Japanese, please call: 800-339-2865
- For Spanish, please call: 800-232-VOTA (8682)
- For Tagalog, please call: 800-339-2957
- For Vietnamese, please call: 800-339-8163