Lodi - Heart of California's Premium Wine Business
Production of premium quality wines is the economic engine that drives the Lodi-Woodbridge region. Supported by over 90,000 acres of vineyards that surround the Lodi community, Lodi-Woodbridge winegrape growers annually produce a crop worth more than $350 million. Nearly 40% of California's premium wine grapes are grown in this region, making Lodi the "Winegrape Capital of the World." Lodi-Woodbridge enjoys the perfect environment for wine production.
The region is warmed by valley sun during the day and cooled by the Delta breezes at night. Soils rich in minerals give Lodi-Woodbridge wines their unique quality and flavor. Abundant water from nearby rivers allows for consistent quality and quantity from vintage to vintage.
The Lodi-Woodbridge area has been a respected part of California's wine industry for over 100 years. Today, some of the State's most important wineries rely on grapes grown in the Lodi-Woodbridge region including Robert Mondavi. Over 60 wineries, half with tasting rooms, grace the area. Lodi is also home to the nation's fastest growing brands, Seven Deadly Zins and the Jewel Collection.
Downtown - Dining, Shopping & Entertainment
The vitality of any city is its core. Lodi's downtown includes a multiplex cinema, restaurants, specialty shops, and wine tasting rooms. The vibrancy of collaborative efforts by the active (and downtown rooted) Chamber of Commerce and Tourism business improvement district guarantee a steady stream of visitors.
The semi-annual Lodi Street Fair brings 30,000 shoppers to each event. Weekly farmers' markets attract 5,000 customers during the Valley's balmy summer evenings. Featured are an abundance of locally grown specialty produce and beer and wine crafted by our many award-winning producers. Monthly "Art Hops" draw aficionados to the galleries, bistros, and coffee shops that participate in this new promotional concept. Prospects for a quality hotel and more white linen restaurants look promising as the City of Lodi refocuses its business attraction efforts to support this charming and historic downtown.
Major & Targeted Industry
General Services & Manufacturing
- Blue Shield of California - Insurance claims processing
- Holz Rubber Co. - Industrial rubber products
- Kubota Tractors - Trailer packs/assembly and shipping
- LMI/All Country Glass - Glass manufacturing
- Lodi Iron Works - Iron products
- Lustre-Cal Nameplate Corp. - Custom identification products manufacturing
- Valley Industries - Trailer hitch manufacturing
- Cepheid Inc. - biotechnology/molecular diagnostic equipment
- Dart Container Company - food and beverage containers
- Epic Plastics - plastic landscape board
- North American Specialty Products - plastic pipe extrusions
- Schaefer Systems International, Inc. - waste technology
- Scientific Specialties Inc. - biotechnology/injection molded plastics
Wine, Food, Tourism & Agribusiness
- TreeHouse Foods - Breads, cookies, and cakes
- Miller Packing Company - Sausage and smoked meats
- Pacific Coast Producers - Canning
- Wine and Roses Inn and Spa - Destination hotel, restaurant, and spa
- Constellation Brands - beer, wine and spirits distribution