The Lodi Police Department's volunteer Police Cadet Program provides youths, ages 16 to 24, with the opportunity to explore the field of law enforcement. The program encourages and mentors youth toward a career as a police officer, communications dispatcher, or other careers within the police department.
In keeping with our commitment to examining new ideas and programs that benefit the community, we are encouraged by this program and the future success in directing youth toward a career in law enforcement.
People ages 16 to 24, who desire to serve the community, and who seek to explore the law enforcement profession as a career choice, are eligible to apply, as long as they are of a good moral character and do not have a criminal history. Each cadet must be willing to comply with the objectives and purposes of the Police Cadet Program.
Continuing education is a requirement of the Police Cadet Program.
- Each cadet enrolled in any educational institution must maintain a grade point average (G.P.A.) of 2.5 or higher.
- Those who have completed a college degree are not required to attend an educational institution.
- Those applicants not currently enrolled are still eligible if they are scheduled to attend an educational institution upon the start of the next school quarter or semester.
- All prospective cadets must complete a standard application for admission. All parts of his or her application must be completed before being considered for acceptance.
- If you wish to apply please print out all the application forms and complete them in blue or black ink. Applications can be turned in at the Lodi Police Department lobby during normal business hours.
- All prospective cadets must successfully pass an oral interview and written exercise administered by the Advisory Board.
- All prospective Cadets must pass a background investigation.
- Members of the Advisory Board of the police department will review each cadet’s application and background package to determine suitability for the cadet program.
- The Advisory Board will recommend cadets for an appointment.
- Once a determination has been made, the applicant will be notified of the outcome.
Termination of Membership
Membership in the Police Cadet Program may be terminated by expulsion as directed by the Advisory board, or by formal resignation.
If you are interested in the program and would like further information, or to submit an application, please email Sergeant Jordan Lado or call (209) 333-6881.