Welcome to the Human Resources Internet page.
The Human Resources Division works in partnership with City Departments to enhance organizational values through collaborative teamwork to maintain effective communication, excellent customer service, and equal employment opportunity.
Human Resources has primary responsibilities in the areas of the City’s:
- Benefits Administration
- Class and Compensation
- Employee Performance and Development
- Employee Relations
- Labor Relations and Contract Negotiations
- Policy, Procedures and Personnel Rules
- Recruitment, Selection, and Onboarding
Commitment & Contribution of Human Resources
- We are here to make the City a more efficient and effective organization.
- We do the right thing, at the right time, and for the right reasons. You’ll find that we are fair in all our interactions and decisions.
- We are honest and truthful in the advice and recommendations that we offer. We keep commitments and never evade our responsibilities.
- Finally, you’ll always find a friendly welcome in our office. We truly enjoy people and helping them in their lives. We have a positive attitude, like our jobs, and feel it is a pleasure to meet your requests. After all, it’s because of you that we have a job!
Adele Post, Human Resources Manager
Adele is a dedicated Human Resources professional with experience in both private and public sector agencies. She joined the City of Lodi in 2014 as the Human Resources Manager. She has been instrumental in implementing the HR module of Tyler/Munis ERP Software, negotiating multi-year employment contracts with nine bargaining units, fostering collaborative relationships with union and association representatives, enhancing HR’s response time and service quality, and assisting departments with succession planning to replace key vacancies across the City.
Prior to joining the City of Lodi, Adele worked for the City of Stockton for 7 years as a Senior HR Analyst in Labor Relations and Recruiting during Stockton’s period of economic crisis. Adele also worked as a Personnel Analyst with San Joaquin County for 5 years before the City of Stockton, and as a Human Resources Generalist for various private sector agencies in the Bay Area for 15 years before starting her career in the public sector.
Adele has a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, obtained her Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification from SHRM, and is the Vice President of the Northern California Association of Human Resources Directors.