Community Improvement Division
Community Improvement is the prevention, detection, investigation and enforcement of violations of statutes or ordinances regulating public safety, public works, business activities, building standards, land-use, and municipal affairs to preserve the high quality of life expected by Lodi residents.
Community Improvement Officers work in close association with the Lodi Police Department, Planning, Building, and Public Works Departments, and other local agencies to maintain high community standards and address violations of the Lodi Municipal Code. Through enforcement of these ordinances, and with community awareness and involvement, Lodi will continue to be a place everyone feels proud to call home.
Did you know that our Community Improvement team resolves 80% of issues reported by simply educating citizens about existing laws and standards?
What doesn't Community Improvement handle?
- Emergency situations that threaten human life or property and demand immediate attention, Call 911
- Covenants, Conditions, & Restrictions (CC&R) violations
- Private disputes between neighbors
- Situations which are not specifically addressed in the Lodi Municipal Code
Accumulation of Junk and Rubbish
Overgrown Grass or Weeds
Trees and Shrubs
Garbage Carts in Public View or Right-of-Way
Unmaintained Swimming Pool or Pond
The housing violations Community Improvement receives reports on are primarily related to rental properties.
Below are the most common reports we receive:
- Lack of electricity
- Water intrusion/leak
- HVAC system not in working condition
Paying Your Citation
In a continuing effort to improve customer service and streamline the payment process, the eTRAKiT Online Portal allows payments for citations with all major debit and credit cards.
An account must be set up an account before using eTRAKiT system. Instructions on how to setup an account and pay citations can be found here:
To start using the eTRAKiT Online Portal, please use the following link: eTRAKiT Online Portal
This system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the Community Improvement Division at (209) 333-6823 or by contacting the issuing Community Improvement Officer directly.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Community Improvement?
- Where is Community Improvement located?
- Can Community Improvement enforce private property?
- Does Community Improvement proactively look for violations?
- Are reporting parties of violations kept confidential?
- What happens after I report an issue?
- Will you notify me once the issue is resolved?
- I reported an issue but don’t see a change, is anything happening?
- Do most residents correct violations upon receiving a Notice?
- Does Community Improvement recognize extenuating circumstances when enforcing the codes?
- What are the most common types of violations that Community Improvement handles?
- What is the enforcement process if we fail to comply with Code Enforcement Notices?
Reporting a Violation
The City of Lodi strives to maintain a high quality of life for our residents and businesses, all consistent with state and local law. If you suspect a violation, you can report it to the City for investigation through any of the following contacts:
- Lodi Community Improvement Line: (209) 333-6823
- Report a Violation Online
Disclaimer: This information is provided here is for general information purposes only and to permit you to learn more about this topic. The information presented is not legal advice or representation from the City, is not to be acted or relied upon as such, may not be current in light of changing laws, and is subject to change without notice. The City encourages you to conduct your own independent research and analysis into the topics addressed herein. If you have any questions concerning this topic, the City encourages you to seek legal advice from an attorney of your choosing. The City Attorney’s Office represents City officials and staff and cannot provide private legal advice to private individuals or entities.