July 17, 1869
Reservation, between tracks and Sacramento Street and between Walnut to Locust
was established at the same time that the Plat for the Town of Mokelumne (now
Lodi) was surveyed. Railroad service was needed for agricultural purposes.
Legislature officially changes town’s name from Mokelumne (so it wouldn’t be
confused with Mokelumne City and Mokelumne Hill) to Lodi.
Passenger Depot located on the site of existing Lodi Station. The town
developed around the railroad reservation.
Plans for new Depot burned in SF fire. Southern Pacific had to do
emergency work so the project was delayed a year. Lodi was the Tokay grape
capital of the world. Construction on new freight and passenger depots
City of Lodi is incorporated
The new Southern Pacific Passenger Depot opens north of Pine Street. The
first true Southern Pacific Colonnade Style Depot was built in Redwood City in
1902. A total of eighteen of these were built.
Lodi Arch completed. Lodi Arch linked the two depots. It is the
oldest standing welcome arch in the U.S
Railroad stations in Central Valley are studied. Strong local interest in
upgrading the Southern Pacifc Depot. Needed to move Depot to its new site
in order to accommodate an 800’ platform for Amtrak, and to avoid blocking Pine
Street. Structural study done to see if Depot could be moved. It was
determined that it could be done.
Lodi Station Reopens at 24 S. Sacramento St.
Downtown Lodi Transit Station Parking Structure opens with three floors and 330 parking spaces