City of Lodi Transit Division Title VI Program & Language Assistance Plan
Title VI is a statute provision of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Section 601 states:
"No person in the United States shall, on the grounds of race, color or national origin be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance."
[42 U.S.C. Sec 200d]
Related Statutes protect additional classes as required under:
- Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1973 (Sex)
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975 (Age)
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Disability)
- The City is also required to comply with Executive Order 12898, "Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low-Income Populations" (1994) and Executive Order 13166 "Improving Access to Services for Persons with Limited English Proficiency" (2000).
- The City of Lodi additionally prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and religion.
What does Title VI & Related Statutes mean?
The City of Lodi strives to ensure that access to and use of all programs, services or benefits derived from any City activity will be administered without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. The City will not tolerate discrimination by a City employee or recipients of Federal funds such as other agencies, contractors, consultants, suppliers, vendors and any other recipient of federal-funds from the City. The City prohibits all discriminatory practices that may result in:
- Denial to any individual of any service, financial aid or benefit provided under the program to which he or she may be otherwise entitled;
- Different standards or requirements for participation;
- Segregation or separate treatment in any part of the program;
- Distinction in quality, quantity or manner in which the benefit is provided;
- Discrimination in any activities conducted in a facility built in whole or part with Federal funds.
How does the City of Lodi enforce Title VI & Related Statutes?
To ensure compliance with Title VI, related statutes and the Presidential Executive Order on Environmental Justice the City will:
- Avoid or reduce harmful human health and environmental effects on minority and low-income populations.
- Ensure the full and fair participation by all communities including low-income and minority populations in the transportation decision making process on federally funded projects.
- Prevent the denial of, reduction in or significant delay in the receipt of benefits by minority and low-income populations on federally funded projects.
In addition, any recipient including but not limited to Metropolitan Planning Organizations and local cities and counties, who receives Federal financial aid bears a responsibility to administer its program and activities without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Who is responsible for Title VI & Related Statutes?
All City employees and programs are responsible for Title VI & Related Statutes. The City’s Public Works Department provides continuous leadership, guidance and technical assistance to ensure ongoing compliance with Title VI & Related Statutes. See contact information below.
Do you feel that your rights have been violated?
If you believe you have been discriminated against because of your race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion, you may file a written complaint with the City of Lodi's Title VI Coordinator using the Complaint Form below.
Phone and fax numbers are provided below.
Title VI & Related Statutes Resources
- Title VI Regulations
- City of Lodi Transit Division Title VI Program and Language Assistance Plan
- City of Lodi Title VI & Related Statutes Brochure (English / Espanol)
- City of Lodi Title VI & Related Statutes Complaint Procedures (English / Espanol)
- City of Lodi Title VI & Related Statutes Complaint Form (English / Espanol)
For additional information, please contact:
Title VI Coordinator
City of Public Works Department
221 West Pine Street
Lodi, CA 95240
Phone: (209) 333-6706
Fax: (209) 333-6710