The Hutchins Street Square Pool is a year-round multi-use aquatic facility that offers a variety of programs for all ages & ability levels. Check out our Activity Guide for program dates/times (link to activity guide). We look forward to seeing you and your family at the pool!
Hutchins Street Square Pool: 125 S. Hutchins Street
Click here for the current swim schedule. (link to swim schedule)
Open Swim: patrons of all ages are able to use the aquatic facility. No aquatic classes are held during this time.
Lap Swim: Patrons use a single lane to swim laps. No aquatic classes are held during this time.
Open Fitness: Patrons can utilize the facility and fitness equipment available for independent aquatic fitness.
- Water Aerobics: A certified instructor teaches a class focused on aerobic endurance and resistance training.
- Arthritis Water Fitness: A certified instructor teaches a class catered for patrons with arthritis. The aquatic setting allows for less strain on the muscles, focusing on gentle stretching with mild aquatic aerobics.
Our outdoor Enze Pool at Blakely Park is our summer session swim lesson aquatic facility. Summer swim lessons are held in June and July.
Enze Pool: 1050 S. Stockton St.
Parent/Tot (available summer session only)
This class is designed for parents to help their infants and toddlers develop a high comfort level in and around the water. Parents will learn various techniques on how to adjust their child to the water. This class is not designed to teach the participants how to swim.
Swim Skills (year round)
The Swim Skills program consists of four levels and is designed for youth ages 4+.
- Level 1: Minnow
- Must be 36” to the chin and willing to get in the water or pass evaluation by a City of Lodi Swim Instructor. This class helps students feel comfortable in the water and enjoy the water safely. Students learn to submerge face independently and are introduced to floating and locomotion in a fun and safe setting.
- Level 2: Seahorse
- Successfully pass level 1 (Minnow), or is able to fully submerge independently. Students learn kicking on front and back, front and back float, primary skills, and demonstration or alternating arms. This Class builds success with fundamental skills.
- Level 3: Jellyfish
- Successfully pass level 2 (Seahorse), or able to swim and float independently on front and back. Students will explore deep water, front crawl 15 yards, level off, introduction to breathing combined with a 5 yard stroke. This class builds on the skills in level 2 by providing additional guided practice.
- Level 4: Otter
- Successfully passing level 3 (Jellyfish) or able to swim independently on front and back. Students will retrieve objects, swim 20 yards, coordinate the components of the front and back strike and tread water. This class develops confidence in the strokes learned and existing aquatic skills.
- Level 5: Dolphin
- This class provides further coordination and refinement of strokes. Students will demonstrate the survival float, deep water bobbing, refined breathing, standing dive, build endurance by swimming elementary backstroke, front and back crawl, and basic breaststroke.
- Level 6: Shark
- This class refines the strokes so students swim with ease. Students will demonstrate breathing, diving skills, and will perform various strokes for increased distances.
- Private lessons: Class is designed for the swimmers skill level.
- Make sure you have selected the appropriate level. Transfers to another level after registration will incur a $10 transfer fee.
- If it has been more than 6 months since their last session, we recommend the child repeat the last level they completed.
- Most children remain in the same level for two or more sessions.
- If unsure which level your child is in, please refer to the lesson levels description and pick the level you are sure they can complete the skills in.
- Your child will not be moved to a different level or class if registered incorrectly. You will have to pay the transfer fee and space is not guaranteed in the next level.
- Make sure that your child has a swim suit and towel at each lesson.
- Swim caps and goggles are optional.
Summer Swim League registration begins in April each year. Summer Swim league begins in June.
This program is designed to introduce children to competitive swimming. Children will refine their swimming stroke in a fun and enjoyable team setting. You MUST be a level 4 swimmer and be able to swim 25 yards without assistance. Children under the age of 6 will be tested the first two days of swim practice to ensure their ability. In addition, swimmers may be no older than 18 years of age as of June of the current swim season. Practices are held each night, Monday-Thursday, with dual meets on Friday evenings.
Public Swimming at Lodi Lake Beach
The Lodi Lake Beach features a large sandy beach area for plenty of fun in the sun. Check out our tiny tot water feature and spray pool. The beach is open every summer from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Be sure to check the activity guide for dates/times.
Did you know you can rent the pools and beach area for parties? See our Rentals page for more info! (link to rentals page)