report a crime in progress dial 911!
Please Read On-Line Reporting
Instructions Before Continuing to Next Page.
This on-line report form should only be used for the crimes indicated. Any other crimes should be reported in person at 215 W. Elm Street or by telephone at 333-6727.
Please use this form only to report crimes that occurred in the city of Lodi. If the crime occurred outside of the city please contact the agency having jurisdiction over the location of occurrence.
Please complete as many lines of the report as possible. This information will allow police to investigate the crime to the fullest extent. Please include even partial information such as descriptions of suspects and vehicles.
If you need to report more than one type of crime, or multiple instances of the same crime, please send us a separate Report Form for each one.
Knowingly submitting a false Crime Report is a
misdemeanor under the State Penal Code and carries a penalty of up to one
year in jail.
Crimes which can be reported on-line:
• Vandalism- Someone causes damage to your property (Vehicle, Residence, Etc.)
• Theft-The unlawful taking of the personal property of another- Petty Theft (under $400) or Grand Theft ($400 or more).
• Lost property: Property that is missing and it is not known if the property is stolen or lost.
• Harassing Phone Calls: Repeated Hang-ups, obscene or threatening phone calls.
• Financial Crimes: Theft or fraudulent use of checks, credit cards, or fraudulent use of your identity.
• Other: Crimes that do not fit any of these
categories but do not involve any kind of violence or personal attack.
Crimes which cannot by reported on-line:
• Any type of violent crime, including assault, battery, kidnapping, robbery, etc.
• Any type of sex crime including rape, sexual assault, etc.
• Any type of stolen vehicle including cars, trucks, trailers, boats, motorcycles, etc.
• Any type of traffic accident, whether there was an injury or not.
• Any type of violation of a custody or court order.
• Any crime in which the suspect is known to you. In other words you know the suspects name, where he or she resides, etc.
To report these crimes please call Lodi Police Department at (209)333-6727 or 911 if it is an emergency.