June Artist of the Month
The Breakthrough Project
Fine Art Poster Contest
The Breakthrough Project was created sixteen years ago as a response of concerned citizens to hate crimes committed in Lodi. The Project now serves Lodi and the surrounding area. Its mission is to create a community that celebrates its diversity and works to eliminate discrimination. It aims to encourage communication, understanding and cooperation among all community members.
This competition was opened to adults, high schools and middle schools, to express the theme in poster format utilizing all media including graphic arts. Cash prizes will be awarded and recognition for schools and teachers will be announced at 7pm at the library the night of the First Friday Art Hop. All entries will be on display in the Community Room “gallery” at the library for the month of June.
Breakthrough Project may be reached c/o the Lodi United Congregational Church, 701 S. Hutchins Street, Lodi, CA 95240
join us for the Art Hop at the Lodi Public Library, on the first Friday of each month, from 6:00 - 8:30 pm.
This free event is an evening of viewing art and talking to artists, while being part of a fun, social event including the sampling of delicious hors d'oeuvres.
Each location displays the work of a local or Northern California artist (or artists) for at least a month.
Be a “hopper” and take part in our Art Hop Raffle! Pick up a “passport”, get it stamped at all the venues, (over a period of months) and win prizes including gifts from participating locations! Ask at Art Hop sites about closing dates and drop-off locations for completed passports. Most venues allow stamping during the month of the exhibit.
For those who cannot attend on Friday, artwork will remain on display in the library for the entire month.
- June 6th, Lodi Breakthrough Project; Graphic Arts Poster Contest
Art Hop Venues
Your public library isn't the only participating venue. Make it an evening by visiting each of these Lodi locations, each with different art on display:
- Thomas Theater Gallery at Hutchins Street Square (125 S. Hutchins Street)
- Double Dip Gallery (222 W Pine Street)
- Lodi Community Art Center (3171 Lakewood Mall)
- Bunches of Beads (100 W. Pine Street)
- One Way Winery (25 N. School Street)
- Fields Family Wines ( 20 N School Street)
- McKinleys Frame Shop (11 W. Pine Street)
- The Rusted Mic (14 S. School Street)
- French at Heart (22 S. School Street)
- Viñedos Aurora at Pamplona Tapas (14 W. Oak Street)
- La Fleurette Garden Decor (16 W Oak Street)
- Taste of Heaven (115 S. School Street #15)
- New & Again Consignment Furniture (110 S. School Street)
For more information about the Art Hop, visit the Lodi Community Art Center.