Artist of the Month
Rochelle Tietze, Paintings
I describe myself as a person who has a great love for art. My images are full of information. I have completed many pieces which include plein air paintings, studio tours, and paintings in coffee shops and bookstores. Being an avid artist, I paint for pleasure. What a person sees in my paintings is stunning vibrant colors, multi layers, dream-like imagery that comes from my unusual background, known as avant-garde artist.
I have taught classes and given demonstrations. I have won
numerous placement awards including Best Mayors of Choice in the
California Art League. Numerous articles have been written in local
newspapers, and magazines regarding myself and my paintings.
Many of my paintings are still-life or people, filled with fantastic plants, people and animals in brilliant colors. My paintings lure you out of this world into a dream world that reflects our world.
I’m largely a self-taught artist with 40 years of experience. I’ve always had positive reactions to my paintings. They stand out in a gallery or show.
join us for the Art Hop at the Lodi Public Library, on the first Friday of each month, from 6:00 - 8:30 pm.
This free event is an evening of viewing art and talking to artists, while being part of a fun, social event including the sampling of delicious hors d'oeuvres.
Each location displays the work of a local or Northern California artist (or artists) for at least a month.
Be a “hopper” and take part in our Art Hop Raffle! Pick up a “passport”, get it stamped at all the venues, (over a period of months) and win prizes including gifts from participating locations! Ask at Art Hop sites about closing dates and drop-off locations for completed passports. Most venues allow stamping during the month of the exhibit.
For those who cannot attend on Friday, artwork will remain on display in the library for the entire month.
- Sept 5th - Lodi-Stockton Pen Women; various media
7pm prose & poetry reading
Art Hop Venues
Your public library isn't the only participating venue. Make it an evening by visiting each of these Lodi locations, each with different art on display:
- Thomas Theater Gallery at Hutchins Street Square (125 S. Hutchins Street)
- Double Dip Gallery (222 W Pine Street)
- Lodi Community Art Center (3171 Lakewood Mall)
- Bunches of Beads (100 W. Pine Street)
- One Way Winery (25 N. School Street)
- Fields Family Wines ( 20 N School Street)
- McKinleys Frame Shop (11 W. Pine Street)
- Smart Alic Accesories (5 W. Pine Street)
- French at Heart (22 S. School Street)
- Viñedos Aurora at Pamplona Tapas (14 W. Oak Street)
- The Rowan Tree (11 S. Sacramento Street)
- New & Again Consignment Furniture (110 S. School Street)
For more information about the Art Hop, visit the Lodi Community Art Center.