March Artist of the Month
Charcoal & Conte pencil drawings
Julie was raised in the wine country surrounding Lodi on her
family ranch. Because of her upbringing, her art is inspired by the
things she grew up with including horse and country living in a wine
appalachian. These are some of the themes that inspire her to create
the charcoal and pastel drawings she has become known for.
Her goal is to create drawings that catch the essence of her subject matter in unique elements and perspectives.
Julie lives in Galt, California with her family on their ranch. She has earned numerous ribbons and honorable mention awards in juried art shows and venues throughout California.
Join us for the Art Hop at the Lodi Public Library, on the first Friday of each month, from 6:00 - 8:30 pm.
This free event is an evening of viewing art and talking to artists, while being part of a fun, social event including the sampling of delicious hors d'oeuvres.
Each location displays the work of a local or Northern California artist (or artists) for at least a month.
Be a “hopper” and take part in our Art Hop Raffle! Pick up a “passport”, get it stamped at all the venues, (over a period of months) and win prizes including gifts from participating locations! Ask at Art Hop sites about closing dates and drop-off locations for completed passports. Most venues allow stamping during the month of the exhibit.
For those who cannot attend on Friday, artwork will remain on display in the library for the entire month.
- April 4th, Rich Allen; paintings
- May 2nd, René Reyes; paintings/gouache
June 6th, Lodi Breakthrough Project; Graphic Arts Poster Contest
Art Hop Venues
Your public library isn't the only participating venue. Make it an evening by visiting each of these Lodi locations, each with different art on display:
- Thomas Theater Gallery at Hutchins Street Square (125 S. Hutchins Street)
- Double Dip Gallery (222 W Pine Street)
- Lodi Community Art Center (3171 Lakewood Mall)
- Bunches of Beads (100 W. Pine Street)
- One Way Winery (25 N. School Street)
- Fields Family Wines ( 20 N School Street)
- McKinleys Frame Shop (11 W. Pine Street)
- The Rusted Mic (14 S. School Street)
- French at Heart (22 S. School Street)
- Viñedos Aurora at Pamplona Tapas (14 W. Oak Street)
- La Fleurette Garden Decor (16 W Oak Street)
- Taste of Heaven (115 S. School Street #15)
- New & Again Consignment Furniture (110 S. School Street)
For more information about the Art Hop, visit the Lodi Community Art Center.