Home Contact Us Search
lodi.gov Residents Businesses Government Visitors
Search Lodi.gov:
Fire Chief
Public Education

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I report a leaking fire hydrant?

To report a leaking fire hydrant contact the City of Lodi Public Works Department at (209) 333-6740.

How can I schedule a fire station tour?

Fire station tours are conducted on Fridays between 10 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 to 4 p.m.. A station tour will average ½ hour to complete. Due to the popularity of station tours it is recommended to request a tour two to four weeks in advance. A tour can be scheduled by calling the Fire Prevention Bureau at (209) 333-6739, Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m..

How can I schedule a ride along?

You must be a minimum of 18 years of age and participate in a fire science or fire service program or by discretion of the Fire Chief for special events or circumstances. A "Release of Liability/Ride Along Waiver" and a "Rules of Participation" must be completed and approved prior to a ride along being scheduled. The request for ride along forms may be obtained from the Fire Administration Office at 210 W. Elm Street. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.. We are closed for lunch from 12 to 1 p.m.

How can I obtain a candle use permit?

Permits to use candles in assembly areas can be obtained from the Fire Prevention Bureau at 210 W. Elm Street. Lighted candle centerpieces must be secured in a glass container, which must be a minimum of two inches taller than the top of the candle flame. There is no charge for this permit. For more information contact the Fire Prevention Bureau at (209) 333-6739.

Candles Permit

How do I request a special program?

Special programs such as fire safety, extinguisher training and fire prevention are available to local businesses, organizations and civic groups. To make a request, email or call, describing what type of event you would like along with the time and location to the Lodi Fire Department. You will then be contacted be a representative of the Lodi Fire Department.

How do I report a fire hazard?

Weeds, Residential Homes & Duplexes - Contact Code Enforcement at:

(209) 333-6823.

Triplexes, Apartment Buildings & Commercial Properties – Contact the Fire Prevention Bureau at:(209) 333-6739You will be asked to give the street address and specific information regarding the fire hazard.


Copyright © 2009, City of Lodi. All Rights Reserved.