Financial Assistance for Businesses
Small Business Assistance
The California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program provides micro grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 to eligible small businesses and nonprofits impacted by COVID-19 and the related health and safety restrictions. Visit CAReliefGrant.com for program and application guides and to connect with a local partner. Round 1 applications closed on January 13, 2021. Round 2 applications will open February 2, 2021. Round 1 applicants who do not receive funds do not need to apply again as they will automatically be entered in Round 2.
City of Lodi Small Business Assistance
It's here! The City of Lodi is offering small business grant assistance to its local businesses and non-profits until January 15, 2021. This program is being brought to Lodi businesses and non-profits by federal block grant funds. For more information and applications click here.
San Joaquin County Announces New Round of Small Business Grants and Launches New Family COVID-19 Assistance Grant Program Applications are due by January 31, 2021
Beginning December 28, 2020, small businesses, non-profits, and families in San Joaquin County can now apply for the latest round of grants approved by the San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors (Board). The County’s current round of grant programs closes on January 31, 2021.On May 12, 2020, the Board established a $15 million CARES Act Economic Development Fund to provide immediate relief for small businesses and nonprofits impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The first round of grant funding occurred from June 1 through June 30, 2020. On July 7, 2020, the Board approved the expansion of the County’s Small Business Assistance Grant Program. To date, the County has provided $7.7 million to small business from CARES Act funding.
On December 15, 2020, the Board approved $10 million from the County contingency fund to provide assistance to small businesses with a third round of small business grants. The Board also approved an additional $5 million in funding for a new program to assist families and those in need of rental and utility assistance due to the ongoing pandemic.
The two programs are:
- Small Business Grant Program – Round 3: $10 Million Available. This program will provide financial assistance to small businesses located in San Joaquin County to address expenses for rent/lease, mortgage, utilities, or personal protective equipment for business who suffered financial harm caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The maximum grant is $25,000.
- Family COVID-19 Assistance Grant Program: $5 Million Available. This program will provide financial assistance to individuals and families residing in San Joaquin County who have been financially harmed by the COVID-19 pandemic and are struggling with rent/lease, mortgage, and utility costs. Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and the maximum grant is $5,000. Families must have incomes below specified thresholds.
"San Joaquin County's CARES Act grant program has already provided $7.7 million in small business cash grants which has been tremendously helpful to struggling businesses and non-profits throughout the County," said Kathy Miller, Chair of the San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors. "Because the COVID-19 pandemic continues to devastate many businesses as well as families, the County has expanded its grant program efforts to assist as many qualifying organizations and individuals as possible within the community.”
The grant application forms and associated documents are available on the County’s website at: https://www.sjgov.org/covid19/grants/.
Important New Reporting and Social Distancing Protocol for Businesses
- Governor Newsom to Propose $4.5 Billion for Equitable Recovery for California's Businesses and Jobs in 2021 Budget
- California Small Business Relief Payment Plans for Sales and Use Tax
- California Small Business Disaster Relief Loan Guarantee at IBank
- Employment Retention Credit at the U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Business and Industry Loan Guarantee Program at the U.S. Department of Agriculture