Concealed Weapon Information
California Penal Code sections 26150 and 26155 provide that a sheriff of a county, the chief of police, or other head of a municipal police department of any city or city and county may issue a license to carry a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.
Penal Code section 26175 requires the Attorney General to prescribe a statewide standard application for a CCW license.
Notice: No resident has the right to a license, nor is the Chief of Police required to issue a license. By law, the Chief of Police has the discretion to approve or deny CCW license applications as well as revoke licenses that have already been issued.
PERMIT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Failure to comply with these instructions may result in processing delay or cancellation of your application. You must be a full-time resident of the City of Lodi.
1. Complete the online application. Fill in all required fields and follow all directions. Scan the requested supporting documents into the application. Scanned documents cannot be over 5 mg in size. Be sure to complete the application in one sitting, as it cannot be saved and finished at a later date. If you encounter any technical difficulties with the application, you may contact the Permitium Help Desk at (855) 642-2453 or email them to email@example.com. General questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Select the correct type of application to view applicable fees. (Note: Application fees are non-refundable) If your permit becomes lost or stolen, you must notify the Lodi Police Department at (209) 269-4745, and file a crime report with the jurisdiction where it was lost or stolen.
3. New CCW applicants will make a self-selected Live Scan and photograph appointment within the Permitium application. Appointments are currently on Tuesdays only at the times listed. After your Live Scan is completed and the results are sent to us, you will be contacted for an interview. (Note: Live Scan results may take between 1-6 weeks to return from DOJ)
4. It is important to save the Order Tracker Number given and the password you create. You will receive emails and/or text messages which track the progress of your application. You will need the Order Tracker Number and password to login.
5. It is your responsibility to have read and understood all instructions on this page, and all instructions and information on the application itself. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com, or you can call the CCW records clerk at (209) 269-4745, or the CCW Coordinator at (209) 269-4786.