COMING SOON! MAPPING TOOLS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOLLOWING RECIEPT OF THE CENSUS DATA
The City of Lodi will be deploying mapping tools to assist groups and individual residents in drawing maps. There are different tools for different purposes, and different tools for different levels of technical skill and interest.
A variety of map-drawing tools will be available:
- Paper-only maps for those without internet access or who prefer paper. Tools needed:
- Public Participation Kit - Paper Map w/ Population Count (in English or Spanish)
- Alternatively, submit any form of hand-drawn map that identifies street names.
- Paper maps with a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet to calculate population totals
- Public Participation Kit - Paper Map w/ Population ID#s (in English or Spanish)
- Public Participation Kit - Excel Spreadsheet (in English or Spanish)
- DistrictR a simple online map drawing tool to easily draw neighborhoods or communities of interest.
- Caliper’s Maptitude Online Redistricting mapping tool to draw maps census block by census block and submit maps electronically.
- Interactive Review Map to review, analyze, and compare maps, not to create them. Zoom in and out on map boundaries, view population counts/ID#s, and view draft maps (once the draft maps are released). Similar to Google Maps in ease of use.
- Story Map is an easy to use “story” of demographic and other data to learn about your community and identify “communities of interest.” Story Map is similar to PowerPoint but interactive. Story Map is to review and analyze data, not to create maps.
Submit maps to firstname.lastname@example.org. After you submit your map, the demographic consultants will generate the population and other demographic details for your proposed map. Maps can be viewed on the Draft Maps page or on the Interactive Review Map.