Join in the FUN! Register HERE to enter the Scarecrow Stroll contest!
Have old clothes lying around? Discarded items that you don’t know what to do with? Have a crafty creative side you would like to express and share? Then bring a scarecrow to life!
Create your own unique family-friendly scarecrow or a scarecrow representing your organization, sport, or business. It can be wild, funny, furry, silly, or ridiculous. Use your imagination. (Details below)
Take a stroll at Lodi Lake Saturday, October 30 from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to view the scarecrows. Wear your costume and take photos with your favorite scarecrow. Vote for your favorite by “liking” it on facebook.com/LodiParks. Winners will be announced November 2.
- The competition is open to all Lodi residents, organizations, and businesses.
- Register online HERE. Each entry is $25 per scarecrow.
- Limit one entry per person/organization.
- Entries must be completed online no later than Friday, October 22 by 5:00 p.m.
Size, construction, and display requirements:
- Scarecrows shall be built upon a base no larger than 4' high, 3' wide
- Scarecrows should be handmade and not purchased from a retailer.
- Scarecrows should be built to withstand the elements (wind, rain, sun).
- No weaponry, real or pretend, will be permitted and will be immediately removed.
- No flammable, electrical or battery-operated items can be used including, but not limited to tiki torches, gas-powered generators, lighting, etc.
- No violent, bloody, scary, gruesome, political, religious, or offensive entries will be permitted.
- No handouts, promotional materials or free giveaways can be associated with a scarecrow or scarecrow entry.
- The City of Lodi is not responsible for anything damaged, lost, or stolen.
- The City of Lodi reserves the right to remove any scarecrow or scarecrow elements that do not meet these standards.
- Bring your fully assembled scarecrow to Lodi Lake Saturday, October 30 between 7:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m..
- Check-in with Lodi Lake Staff. You can call Lodi Lake at (209) 333-6890.
- Scarecrow staff will take a photo and help with any questions.
- Everyone is invited to vote.
- Voting will take place October 30 from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Vote for your favorite scarecrow by “liking” the photo in the Parks and Rec Facebook voting post.
- Winners will be announced November 2.
- Winners of the Scarecrow Contest will be announced on November 2.
- Prizes for the top three most “liked” scarecrows on the PRCS Facebook voting post: 1st Place = $50, 2nd Place = $30, 3rd Place = $20
- Supplies suggestions: shirt, pants, buttons, hats, gloves, socks, glue, pillowcases, yarn, felt tip pens, rubberbands, safety pins, bamboo pole, ropes, craft wire, or hay (recycled shopping bags stuffed with newspapers or rags are good for stuffing).
- We strongly encourage you to visit your scarecrow for “check-ups” during the event.
- Please make any necessary repairs to keep your scarecrow looking its best.
- Remember, voting will be open from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on October 30.
- Scarecrows MUST be picked up Saturday, October 30 after the event from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. or it may be discarded, to prevent any vandalism to the scarecrow, park and lake.
** The City reserves the right to eliminate scarecrows from the contest and remove any scarecrows or scarecrow elements/accessories that are deemed inappropriate (i.e. violent, bloody, gruesome, scary, political, religious, provocative, or in poor taste). No weaponry, real or pretend, will be permitted and will be immediately removed. **